Art With Katie video provides a visual guide through six steps on how to create a memorable handmade craft for Father’s Day.
Craft Project: Five Things I Love About Dad
- Tape (Masking tape or duct tape work best)
- A ribbon or string
- 8 large popsicle sticks or 8 pieces of cardboard cut to the size of large popsicle sticks
- Paper (white copy paper or any color paper)
- Glue or glue stick
- Markers in a variety of colors
- Sharpie marker
- Tape the back of 8 popsicle sticks horizontally leaving a tiny bit of room between each popsicle stick so that they are easy to roll up.
- With a ruler draw one line one to one and a half inches in and down the ends of the connected popsicle sticks (see image above) this is where you will design the popsicle stick with markers. *do this on each side of the horizontally connected popsicle sticks.
- Use colorful markers to create designs on each side of the popsicle sticks. Be creative and use many patterns and colors, have fun!
- Measure a rectangle to fit between the designs on each side of the popsicle sticks making sure not to cover your design.
- Use a glue stick to attach the paper to the center of the popsicle sticks making sure to use plenty of glue, fold up the popsicles right away to make sure the glue does not dry before you’ve folded it up so the paper can adjust to the folding.
- Write “5 things I love about Dad at the two popsicle sticks now covered with the paper of your choice. (draw a squiggly line underneath the second popsicle stick to separate the message from the list)
- Next write the five things you love about your dad numbering the messages 1-5
- Finally write”Happy Father’s Day on the bottom paper covered popsicle stick drawing another squiggly line to separate the message.
- Roll up your message tie a bow around it and give to your beloved father! Happy Father’s Day!!!