This Thanksgiving season, the ElderHealth team is excited to share that we will be accepting boxed foods & canned goods to be donated to The Food Bank of Southern Arizona. We are honored to donate canned goods and boxed foods to our community food bank, with your thoughtful contributions, we will provide families with the necessities for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. In this article, we’ll go over details on how you can donate to your Tucson community!
The Impact of Your Donations
Donating canned and boxed goods to a food bank may seem like a small gesture, but it can have a significant impact. Here’s why your contribution matters:
- Filling the Gap: Food banks often rely on donations to bridge the gap between available resources and the needs of our community. Your donations help ensure that no one goes to bed hungry.
- Supporting Families: Families facing economic hardships, students, seniors, and individuals who are temporarily in need can all benefit from these donations. Your generosity eases their burden and provides a source of relief.
- Preventing Food Waste: By donating canned and boxed goods, you’re also contributing to the reduction of food waste. These items are less likely to go bad before they can be distributed, helping to make better use of available resources.
Item Suggestions to Donate:
- Canned Green Beans
- Canned Soup
- Canned Corn
- Canned Yams
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Pumpkin
- Canned Cranberry Sauce
- Boxed Stuffing
- Boxed Cornbread
- Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Jarred Gravy
How to Make the Most of Your Donation
If you’re considering donating canned and boxed goods to ElderHealth, here are a few tips to maximize the impact of your contribution:
- Choose Nutrient-Rich Options: Opt for items that are low in sodium and sugar and high in nutritional value. Healthy food is important for everyone.
- Check for Expiry Dates: Ensure that the items you donate are well within their expiry dates. Food banks cannot distribute expired goods, so it’s important to donate products that can be used promptly.
- Consider Monetary Donations: Monetary donations can also be incredibly valuable to food banks. They allow these organizations to purchase exactly what they need and can’t always get through donations. If you prefer making a monetary donation to The Food Bank of Southern Arizona, you can click Here to see available options.
In conclusion, donating canned and boxed goods to the food bank is a simple, cost-effective, yet profoundly meaningful way to make a positive impact in our community. These non-perishable items provide nourishment, convenience, and hope to those in need, especially during the holidays. So, the next time you’re at the grocery store, consider picking up a few extra items to leave at ElderHealth. Your generosity will be deeply appreciated and help feed the hungry, one can at a time.
Make A Donation Today
To donate boxed food & canned goods, you may take them to our administrative office at 1846 E. Innovation Park Dr. Oro Valley, AZ 85755. When you arrive, let the front desk know you are leaving your item(s) for ElderHealth. We will make your donation to The Food Bank of Southern Arizona Friday, Nov. 17, 2023.
Looking for recipe ideas for the holidays? Click here for some of ElderHealth members’ favorite holiday recipes!